In order to become a covenant member at Grace Church, consider the following steps:
- Are you a professing Christian and have been baptized?
- Participate in a 4-week Foundations Seminar held during Sunday Bible Study 4 times per year.
- Submit you Family Information HERE.
- Participate in an Elder Interview
- Presented to Congregation to be received as a member.
- Sign the Membership Covenant.
Take some time to reflect on the Members' Covenant Below:
GRACE CHURCH MEMBER COVENANT
Having been brought by grace to repent and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and to entrust and submit ourselves to Him for our joy and His glory, and having been baptized upon our profession of faith, we do now in the presence of Almighty God and this assembly most solemnly and joyfully enter into covenant with one another as one body in Christ to worship and enjoy God and lead others to do the same.
We endeavor, therefore, by the aid of the Holy Spirit, walking together in Christian love:
- To strive for the advancement of this church in knowledge, holiness, joy, community, worship, and expansion.
- To promote its prosperity and spirituality; to defend and nurture its ordinances, doctrines,and ethical convictions as stated in the Statement of Faith and Doctrinal Distinctives ofGrace Church’s Constitution and Bylaws.
- To give Grace Church sacred preeminence over all human institutions and to support the philosophy, vision, and purpose of the church.
- To regularly participate in the life of Grace Church by attending weekly services, engaging in gospel-centered community, serving those within and outside of this church, remembering one another in prayer, aiding one another in sickness and distress, and seeking to love others in word and deed as Christ has loved us.
- To cheerfully steward the resources God has given us, including our time, talents, spiritual gifts, and resources. This includes regular, cheerful, and generous financial giving in support of ministry, the expenses of the church, the relief of the poor, and the spread of the gospel through all nations.
- To watch over one another in brotherly love being slow to take offense, but always ready for reconciliation and mindful of the rules of our Savior to secure it without delay.
- To avoid all lying, grumbling, backbiting, gossip, and unrighteous anger; as well as all quarrelsome, fault-finding, and antagonistic attitudes; and instead with all humility, gentleness, and patience, bear with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
- To submit to the authority of Scriptures as the final arbiter on all issues and to pray for, help, and follow the pastors/elders of Grace as they follow Christ.
We further endeavor by the aid of the Holy Spirit, being zealous for His Kingdom;
- To pursue the Lord Jesus Christ through applying His Gospel daily, regular Bible reading, prayer, repentance, and practicing spiritual disciplines.
- To aid in and equip parents to disciple their children, couples to strengthen their marriages, and singles to enjoy their family in Christ. To walk with discernment and respect in the world; being just in our dealings, faithful in our engagements, and exemplary in our actions.
- To fulfill our mission of making disciples of all nations by being agents of reconciliation, sharing the good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ with those around us, aiding in the planting of churches, and doing so both local and globally
- To as quickly as possible, if the Lord should ever lead us elsewhere, unite with another local church to carry out the same calling of Jesus we enjoy now.